A thorny cactus called Opuntia Ficus Indica Cactus
, more commonly known as prickly pear. Growing in arid and semi arid regions, it most likely originated in Mexico, Opuntia Ficus Indica
, commonly known as Prickly Pear
or Barbary Fig Seed Oil
is a relatively new oil in the beauty world – but be ready, cause this oil is going to take the beauty world by storm. Prickly Pear Oil
benefits the skin with it’s exceptional hydrating, and anti-aging properties. A Moroccan oil, like Argan Oil, Prickly Pear
contains the most Vitamin E
of any beauty oil on the market (150 % more than Argan Oil
), and the highest percentage of unsaturated fatty acids (88 %) – making it an incredibly powerful oil for skin health.
- THE SKIN QUICKLY ABSORBS IT - The essential fatty acids in Prickly Pear oil – namely it’s high (60 %) Linoleic Acid content makes it absorb wonderfully into our skin. It penetrates deeply without leaving behind a greasy residue.
- IT RESTORES ELASTICITY AND BRIGHTENS THE COMPLEXION - High antioxidant activity stimulates cell renewal, leaving you with fresh, new skin. This oil reduces redness and hyper-pigmentation.
- NOURISHES, MOISTURIZES AND SOFTENS THE SKIN - This oil intensely hydrates the skin, it is suitable for all skin types but works particularly well on dry, mature skin.A high Linoleic acid content soothes even the most dehydrated skin. It is deeply penetrating – you will not find another oil that leaves your skin softer.
- TIGHTENS PORES - Essential fatty acids in Prickly Pear Oil keep the collagen layer of your skin moist and healthy, this keeps your pores tight.
- BRIGHTENS DARK SPOTS - This oil is unparalleled in its ability to brighten the skin and get rid of dark spots. Vitamin K helps lighten dark under-eye circles and minimize spider veins.
- SLOWS SKIN AGING - Prickly Pear contains the highest levels of Betalains of any known plant (more than Acai, Pomegranate, Blueberries, Gogi, and Beets). Betalains are super antioxidants with powerful anti-aging effects.
- PREVENTS WRINKLES - Prickly Pear Oil has an extensive Vitamin E content, 895mg/kg (150% more than Argan oil). Vitamin E is a free radical scavenger and increases cell renewal. The high fatty acid content plumps the skin, reducing wrinkles and adding firmness, as well as intercepting free radical damage.
- IT WILL NOT CLOG YOUR PORES - A high (60%) Linoleic Acid content and a low (20%) Oleic Acid content makes this oil non-comedogenic meaning it will not clog your pores and lead to breakouts.
- IDEAL FOR SENSITIVE SKIN - This oil is non-irritating, deeply nourishing and soothing. It calms inflammation and hydrates the skin.